Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pintrest!!!!





So I have spent the last week completely obsessed with Pintrest.  This online pinboard has given new life to my creative side.  I was feeling very blah and non-creative over the past few weeks and this site has made me happy and crafty again.  LOL 
One idea I saw was using decals to decorate a Kitchen-aid stand mixer.  Well, I have a Cricut and I have vinyl so I can do this!!  The hardest part was deciding what to put on there.  My kitchen is Disney so I considered putting Mickey heads from Mickey and Friends but I wasn't crazy about the space it would take on the mixer.  I really like my red mixer and didn't want to cover it too much.  I also wanted something more swirly.  Then I thumbed through the Disney Princess cartridge books and found this leaf swirl icon in Happily Ever After.  I used my Gypsy to get the sizing right and to flip a few of the swirls.  I cut a few at 3-inches and a few at 2 1/2 -inches.  I also used the transfer tape to help make adhering the vinyl to the mixer an easier process. 
I am very excited about my pretty new mixer and can't wait for everyone to see it on Thanksgiving.
Happy Scrapping!

Parts and Pieces:
Cricut Expression
Cricut Gypsy
White glossy vinyl
Happily Ever After Cricut Cartridge

No comments:

Post a Comment