Monday, December 5, 2011

A Pretty Lamp to Light the Way





Another idea I saw on Pintrest (I just LOVE that site!!).  My oldest daughter has decided to redo her room.  I really did not want to have to buy new bedding and change everything that was blue so I was thrilled when she agreed to just add some new colors.  I saw a redone lampshade like this one on Pintrest and thought it would be perfect for her room.  It would add a girly flair and make use of a lamp we already had.  We plan to paint the base once I get out and get the paint.
I got the ruffle trim from JoAnn's and already had the jeweled brads and Prima Flowers.  I needed 6 yards of the trim to cover this lampshade.  I used my trusty hot glue gun to adhere the trim to the shade.  The lamp uses a low wattage bulb so I am not too worried about the heat.  In spite of the many times I burned my fingers with the hot glue (I really need to pay more attention to what I am doing and less on the Harry Potter movie playing in the background) I had a lot of fun making this.  Of course, there was the added bonus of a happy teenager when she saw her new lamp.  I think I got some good mom points for this one.  :)

Happy Scrapping and Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment